Friday, March 23, 2007

Bring 'em home

Although our leaving will lead to a bloody collision for power, the departure of US troops will relieve Sunni and Shia of a common enemy and force a political solution to occur. This will likely heavily involve Syria and Iran but I think it should, as they are neighbors. Of course the dilemma that could arise is for a situation similar to Lebanon, where neighbors have their hands deep in pockets and democracy is constantly under siege. Still, democracy means the will of the people and any foreign occupier only postpones that development. I hope this is the beginning of a pull-out. It won't happen until the Dems have one in the White House, which we can only pray comes in the next 1.5 years. Go Dems. You've partially restored my faith in you. Don't go wobbly on me.

powered by performancing firefox

1 comment:

Laurenation said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

NYT Series explores the role of resources in African conflicts

A new series from the New York Times is delving into the role of natural resources in African conflicts.  The series begins in Congo, where...